This park is almost walking distance to downtown Cottonwood and is a pretty good place to be until the weather warms up a bit before going to the Grand Canyon. Actually, it’s a large, beautiful park with lots of trails, a creek, horseback riding, fishing, and two separate campgrounds. We lucked into arriving here on a Monday and getting a site because the park is now full. We chose a non-electric spot with water for $12 a night. Our solar system is working fine to give us the electricity we need. The weather is supposed to be better tomorrow at the Grand Canyon but then we will have to make a mad dash to Colorado Springs before the next snow storm on Wednesday.
Speaking of Colorado Springs, some of you have asked about our plans. After spending a few weeks there, we will travel east with our ultimate destination being the Canadian Maritime provinces. Then it’s sightseeing in New England and on south to visit relatives and friends on the way back west before deciding where to spend next winter. And we are still seriously considering shipping the RV to Europe March 2011. In fact, we were just sitting here making a list of what we need for the RV in Europe in the way of LPG adapters, an electric transformer, and so on.