Three months and five provinces and we were becoming pretty attached to Canada. Here is our favorites’ list:
1. Favorite province: Newfoundland with Quebec close behind
2. Place we could easily live in: Quebec City (but not in the winter).
3. Steve’s favorite place: Bonavista, Newfoundland
4. Cleanest air and prettiest sky: Newfoundland when it wasn’t raining
5. My favorite drives: Quebec City to St. Simeon, Humber Arm in NFL, Gaspe Peninsula, and from Corner Brook through Gros Morne National Park.
6. Steve’s favorite drive: Cabot Trail in Nova Scotia
7. Best fish meal: Seafood platter at Hartery Family Restaurant in Stephenville. Note: The town of Stephenville is not much to look at and has some rough characters downtown.
8. Best camp spots: Blow Me Down Provincial Park, Newfoundland, Mall at Corner Brook, Newfoundland, and the parking lot by the train station in Quebec City.
9. Most RV friendly: Hands down it was Newfoundland and Quebec.
10. Favorite big city for downtown shopping: Saint John, New Brunswick
PS Steve says I should mention that no place starting with Lunenburg, Nova Scotia, when I broke my leg, got a really fair shake. That means “I Shall Return”.
This is a good time for me to take a break from writing this blog. I will post again September 15th with our whereabouts and what we are up to. We haven’t decided where to go over the winter (Mexico is out at this point) and we are still thinking of shipping the RV to Europe in April. Much depends on Steve’s October checkup on his aortic aneurysm.