Waiting On The Weather


The interstate highway between Kingman and Winslow, Arizona was closed for 180 miles yesterday due to snow and the areas we want to visit in southern Utah have snow today.  It was cold the last three nights in Yuma and Laughlin and although we didn’t plan to go to Las Vegas we decided to get a little closer to our destination and wait for warmer weather before moving farther north. 

We have a great RV site at Sam’s Town Casino in Las Vegas for only $20 a night.  That includes full hookups, cable television, swimming pool, Jacuzzi, and free shuttle to the strip.  The bad weather is a gift and I want to take advantage of it.   Now if only I can talk Steve into staying awhile and enjoying ourselves. We originally planned to stay south and warm until at least mid April anyway. 


Right after we drove into the park this couple walked over and said they recognized Tulip as they have been reading our blog for almost two years.  What a surprise because that has never happened before.  They have been traveling for 5 months now in their Lazy Daze RV and also said how they meet so many very nice people in the RV world.  And to tell you what a small world this is they are friends with our good friend Tessa who we visited in Texas last year and met up with several times when we went to Nova Scotia and Newfoundland the summer of 2010.


  1. Hi Evelyn and Steve,

    We are so sorry we didn't say good bye. We had so much to do and didn't get to Zion park till after 10pm last night. Thank you so much for the picture and the nice post article.

    Please keep in touch.

    Armand and Kathy


Comments are closed.